Carrot medium size - 1
Green Beans - 10
White Potato - 1
Peas - a handful
Chicken - 1 lb
Small Pasta – a handful
Tomato - 4
Onion - 1 medium
Garlic – 5 cloves
Salt – since chicken broth has salt use only you need
Chicken broth - 3 cans (1200 ml)
Black pepper - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Fry chopped onions and garlic in a hot pot with oil and butter.
- Add tomatoes and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables, chilli powder, and pepper to the mix and fry it for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- When it starts boiling, add pasta and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste. Soup is ready to be served. It is a nice side dish / appetizer to any meal and is good for the next day too. Just heat it before you serve it.
Note: The key ingredient here is chicken broth so don’t skip it. I used shredded boneless chicken in this soup. You could use any shaped pasta you have on hand (I used elbow pasta.) The amount of ingredients mentioned in this entry would yield about 4 servings.
I would like to contribute this to Cate's AR'F/5-A-DAY Tuesday event.