Monday, June 19, 2006

10 things I miss the most of my moms cooking

Thank you Sudha, Archana and Krithika for tagging me to participate in this wonderful event. In my college days I spent most of my time away from home and whenever I came home my mom always made murukku - my all time favorite. I miss you amma :-) Anyways, here is a list of things I miss from my mom's cooking the most:
  1. Murukku
  2. Pavvakkai/Bitter gourd Poriyal
  3. Chicken Rasam
  4. Chicken Varuval/fry
  5. Ragi Vada
  6. Santhavai/ Idiyappam
  7. Wheat Roti
  8. Coconut chutney
  9. Thandu/Banana stem Poriyal
  10. Drumstick/Murungaikai Varuval
And thank you Garam Masala for this thoughful idea.

6 Comments:

Blogger Puspha said...

Very delicious list.
Would u b blogging them? Especially the chicken rasam, sounds yummy.

Tue Jun 20, 04:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Krithika said...

I love Murukku too. Do you know how to make Drumstick/Murungaikai Varuval ?

Tue Jun 20, 10:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Shankari said...

Very interesting, never heard of chicken rasam

Tue Jun 20, 06:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nila said...

I will try to post the chicken rasam, murungai varuval soon. Thank you guys for the support.

Wed Jun 21, 04:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger archana said...

Nila,
Will you share the recipe for chicken rasam when you have some time.Thank you

Wed Jun 21, 05:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Yeswanth said...

Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

Kitchen Garden

Wed Aug 25, 10:56:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home